About the Role
We are looking for a Senior Research Scientist to join our R&D department in developing and scaling up production of animal cells. As a Senior Research Scientist, you will be a leading member of our Cellular Agriculture group, responsible for developing processes using animal cell culture. You will be involved in cell line adaptation, media development, bioreactor studies, and developing bioprocessing conditions that optimize process performance. As each project matures, you will assist in scaling-up the process.
A big component of making food accessible is creating scalable processes and products. This is a unique opportunity to work side-by-side with talented stem cell biologists, molecular biologists, process engineers and culinary chefs at a cutting-edge biotech company. This is a full-time role and the work will be done on-site at SuperMeat facilities, Rehovot.
- B.Sc/M.Sc/Ph.D. Biotechnology or related fields.
- Upstream Experience: Cell culture in small scale shake flasks through large scale bioreactors.
- 5+ years of industry experience in process development of animal cells.
- Experience in the assessment of potential equipment options for process scale-up (preferred).
- Process development of stem cells (preferred).
- Knowledge and experience in growing and adapting animal cells to suspension (preferred).
- Culture and characterize unique animal cell lines used to produce cultured meat.
- Develop efficient and cost-effective animal cell culture processes.
- Optimize chemically defined cell culture media with special emphasis on cost.
- Routinely conduct flask and bioreactor studies.
- Document experimental results in laboratory notebook and written reports.
- Analyze experiments, present data and draw conclusions.
- Develop, revise and maintain Standard Operating Procedures.
Park Hamada Rehovot
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com