A new biotech company is looking for a bioinformatician
As the bioinformatics leader, you will drive the innovation of bioinformatics and genomics capabilities for research, development and delivery of products. The required leader will have an advanced degree (PhD or Postdoc) in bioinformatics or computational biology. The position requires leadership skills, the ability to work independently, as well as knowledge of bioinformatics, genomics, transcriptomics, systems biology, data integration and computational sciences. Prior experience with RNA-Seq, network analysis and/or computational immunology is a big advantage, as is experience with immunooncology use cases.
• Hands on design and development
• Lead the integration, analysis and interpretation of genomics, transcriptomics, and other complex clinical datasets for product discovery and research.
• Champion, prioritize and coordinate bioinformatics research programs and strategy across diverse scientific, professional and cultural backgrounds.
• Lead the development and implementation of bioinformatics and genomics research strategies
• Provide research subject matter expertise and prototyping in the development of new and innovative bioinformatics tools.
• Take an active part in the company’s R&D decision making processes
• Provide technical knowledge to scout and evaluate new opportunities in bioinformatics and be the in-house expert on competitors’ activities in this area.
• Communicate research plans, drivers, and progress to business stakeholders, project leaders, research managers and technical partners.
• In the future – build and manage a bioinformatics group; create and administer individual development plans and activities within the organization framework
• Advanced degree (PhD or Postdoc) in bioinformatics, genomics, computational biology or related field
• Extensive experience in large-scale bioinformatics research, including management, integration and mining of genomics, transcriptomics, and other complex datasets
• Demonstrated success in leading a complex, results-oriented research program and scientific team requiring creativity, innovative thinking, organization and collaborative skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and be the champion of key R&D initiatives
• Experience developing bioinformatics systems from scratch – a big advantage.
For information: Dr. Reut Yosef, CTO, Pyxis Diagnostics
To apply for this job email your details to reut@pyxisDX.com