Sheba Medical Center, the leading medical center in Israel, both in medical care and in innovative research has established an extensive Physician Scientist Program with the vision to promote and advance basic and patient-oriented translational research at Sheba.
The aim of the program is to promote meaningful and innovative research by young clinicians through a comprehensive program that provides protected research time, support in establishing the required infrastructure and mentoring.
Physicians who hold a combined MD/PhD degree or MD degree with a record of intensive research experience are eligible to apply.
- Accessibility to high-quality cutting-edge research facilities.
- Broad and innovative research opportunities.
- A tailor-made program for each participant according to participants’ research interests and expertise.
- Mentoring by high impact leading physicians and scientists.
- Support in establishing a lab and relevantr esearch tools.
- A minimum of 50% time dedicated to research.
How to apply
Please send the following to Michaela.SmiloviciOfir@sheba.health.gov.il:
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Letters of recommendation addressing clinical and research skills of the applicant.
- Rating sheets from recommenders, using the following platform: Link
(Letters of recommendation & rating sheets should be sent directly by recommenders to: Michaela.SmiloviciOfir@sheba.health.gov.il)
- Up to One page summary of research program and vision.